Dr Eddie Murphy from Opertaion Transformation has 20 tips for a great life
Life can pass us by quickly, here a few tips to reflect on and engage in for a great life.
1. DREAM Big Hairy Audacious goals = Remember that big, brave goals release energy. So set them clearly and then revisit them every morning for 5 minutes. Pursue your dreams
2. Stop waiting for perfect conditions to do things or start new projects. Do It now as immediate actions drives us to even more action
3. Sell your TV, or at least turn it off more often. You’re just watching other people get successful versus doing the things that will get you to your dreams. 4. In work check your emails in the afternoon so you protect the peak energy hours of your mornings for your best work.. 5. Say goodbye to the energy vampires in your life (the negative souls who steal your enthusiasm). Learn to manage toxic people – time limit the conversations coach them to talk about positive things e.g. “there is so much negativity, let’s try to talk about positive things. Give no energy to critics. 6. Mess creates stress So clean out the clutter in your home and office to get more done.(If only I could do this more!!)
7.The Power of Routine: Have routines. Up Late - Bed Late such a bad combination particularly as daylight hours diminish, so win the battle of the bed. Put mind over mattress. This habit alone will strengthen your willpower so it serves you more excellently in the key areas of your life.
8. Get into Shape. Regardless of age or mobility getting to your absolute best physical condition will create explosive energy, renew your focus and multiply your creativity.
9. Drink more water. When you’re dehydrated, you’ll have far less energy. And get less done.
10. Make use of your commute time. If you’re commuting 30 minutes each way every day - get this: at the end of a year, you’ve spent 6 weeks of 8 hour days in your car !. I encourage you to use that time to listen to fantastic books on audio + excellent podcasts and valuable learning programs.
11. The Power of Thanks – believe me get serious about gratitude and observer the results
12. Know the 5 highest priorities of your life. Can you really say that you know them and that you are travelling towards them.
13. Get a mentor or a coach. In life we there is always room for improvement. Without naming I would like to thank my mentors.
15. Eat less food - We don’t need all those calories. Really we don’t
16. Be a hero to someone. You child, niece or nephew, a friend in the therapy room I hear daily the powerful beneficial influence that hero’s have – Be that hero.
17. Get in touch with nature -- Walk in the woods.
18. Forgiveness is not something we do for other people. We do it for ourselves to get well and move on.
19. Create unforgettable memories with those you love
20. Be passionate. Be authentic.
Search for a job
Weather for Portlaoise
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west