Just two weeks left before we do the 5k. The pressure increases again for the Leaders.
Deirdre was relieved she hit her target, losing 5lbs. She started the week feeling hopeless and is on a high now. She has gained so much mobility and flexibility. This week there was a focus on the food diary., a great toolto keep your focus if you are trying to lose weight. Some slip-ups were noted in terms of portion sizes and Greek Yogurt which has a higher fat content that the recommended low fat yogurt. Deirdre I think will really need work hard to stay on track after the cameras are gone, particularly as she has a food addiction. However I am confident she can do it
Paudi lost 5lbs. He trained less than any previous weeks. Paudie found this hard. His old rule is “work hard -work hard”. He is trying to learn that it’s about working smarter. Sometimes less is more when you do it smarter! Paudie went to aqua aerobics. This low impact exercise is enjoyable, sociable, and fun. This was amazing given that Paudie can’t swim. Paudie showed that he was in a dark place and was experiencing depression. With a new focus, sobriety, thinking differently and support from his family and community Paudie has turned the corner.
Siobhan is looking fabulous and hit her target. Her skin looks great which probably reflects not drinking a bottle of wine most nights! She has cracked the work life balance, learned to manage her time, enjoying exercise as her fitness increases. She must keep focused.
Sarah didn’t make her target but she is bringing healthy food messages to her family. Parents act as role models for their children and can set good example around vegetables and fruit. Families eating together with no TV promotes healthy family functioning.
Marc pushed himself too hard this week. He didn’t hit the target. Working harder is going to burn you out. Restricting his weight loss and throwing his head out. He has developed overtraining symptoms. Marc is his own worst enemy and is too quick to punished himself. Close to the 5k run he needs to learn to trust himself. Marc will succeed.
Jennifer lost 3lbs, exceeding her target by 1lb. She was tempted to go back on the cigarettes and actually bought a packet. She was sparkling this week and she is emerging from all that she has gone through. It was great for Jennifer to “be just me again and have some fun and feeling so much happier”. It’s OK to be grieving and giving yourself moments to be joyful as well.
Top tips from this week –
• Don’t overtrain, your body needs to rest and recover. Listen to your body
• A healthy environment around food makes it more likely for children to choose healthier options.
• To make change successful the slower you go the faster you get there
• Measure your life not by loss on the scales but by quality of life and relationships with your self family and friends
• Don’t let setbacks throw you off the plan. It’s how you react to challenges
• Focus on the solutions not the obstacles.
• Operation Transformation not only makes differences to your weight but differences to your life.
• You can change your life, lose weight and have fun.
• Don’t wait for the feeling to do something, do it and let the positively feelings flow
• Food addiction and compulsive overeating are serious problems that require serious solutions.