Abbeyleix Hospital Group threaten action

The Abbeyleix Hospital Action group are giving the Minister for Health one more week to make a decision on the future of Abbeyleix Hospital.

The Abbeyleix Hospital Action group are giving the Minister for Health one more week to make a decision on the future of Abbeyleix Hospital.

“We have decided to give them one more week,” PRO for the group, Gary O’Keefe said.

“We’re leaving it until Friday, if we have no answer either way by then we will go at them all guns blazing,” Mr O’ Keefe said.

Minister James Reilly has had the report of the HSE’s recommendations l since late January.

Local TD, Charlie Flanagan said he had been in contact with the Minister for Health over Easter and understood the anxiety of the the committee and wider community.

“It is my understanding that the Minister will shortly make a decision on the future of Abbeyleix and Shaen,” he said.

“I understand that the Abbeyleix committee have sought a meeting with the Minister and I have conveyed this, but it is unlikely to take place between now and Friday.”

Deputy Flanagan said that in the event of a public meeting being called, it would be his intention to attend in the same way he has attended the other public meetings and marches.