Newbridge man sent for trial

A Newbridge man who allegedly confronted the owner of a house with a knife during an aggravated burglary has been sent forward for trial.

A Newbridge man who allegedly confronted the owner of a house with a knife during an aggravated burglary has been sent forward for trial.

James Farrelly, 12 Riverside Park, Roseberry, Newbridge, is charged with the offence in Ballyroan on January 6, 2012.

The recent Circuit Court heard that Farrelly allegedly confronted the homeowner with a knife in the bedroom of the house and made threats, but no injuries were sustained.

Defence, Muiríosa Regan said the offence “could be at the upper end of the scale” and she requested second counsel in the case.

Judge Tony Hunt said the offence was even more serious if the homeowner had been confronted and he put the matter in for the November Circuit Court trials list.