Ahead of their Laois SFC clash with Portlaoise, Arles-Killeen's Billy O'Loughlin is the subject of this week's 20 Questions. The 24-year-old is the holder of two IFC medals and a Leinster Colleges SFC 'B' title with Knockbeg College. He was part of the Arles-Killeen team beaten in the Laois SFC final by Ballyroan-Abbey in 2003 and also featured with the DIT team that reached the Sigerson Cup final in 2007.
At the moment he is completing a masters degree in Strategic Management in DIT and is hoping to start work with a marketing company in Dublin in October.
1. Do you have a pre-game routine?
No, not really, but I do listen to the ipod sometimes
2. What's the worst aspect of training?
As Donie Brennan says, putting on your football socks and running are the two pet hates of training. I tend to agree!
3. Who is the best craic in Arles-Killeen dressing room?
Without question Mick Leigh (or mica-lay-lay, as we call him!), he's a complete joker! He's not a bad keeper either!
4. Are there any rule changes you would like to see in football?
The pick-up rule has to be addressed, it would speed up the game no end if it was allowed
5. What's the worst thing that has ever happened you on the football field?
Dislocating my shoulder with DIT a couple of years ago
6. Who has been your toughest opponent?
In Laois, definitely Joe Higgins. Elsewhere probably Micheal Burke of Meath
7. If there was a transfer system in football, what players would you buy for Arles-Killeen?
Trevor Howley or Damien Munnelly, both of Knockmore and Mayo!
8. Have you ever been sent off in your career and if so, for what?
Yes, a couple of times - can't remember what for though!
9. It's the last minute in a big game and you're a point down; who would you most like to see with the ball 30 yards out?
Jason Enright easily one of the best forwards in Laois, sure Kingston wouldnt be too bad from that range either!
10. Who has been the biggest influence on your career?
Definitely my dad Declan. Bobby Miller was also someone who I really admired, he was a football genius
11. What young player in your club would you say is one to watch?
Niall 'Neddy' Dunne, serious corner forward and he's only 16
12. What do you remember most about your primary school or juvenile football days?
Asking Donie and Shane Julian to pass me the ball more!
13. When was the last time you were at a ladies football match?
Last year's county final when Sarsfields won. I think I had 11 cousins playing for them!
14. What other sports do you play?
Occasionaly soccer in the winter, golf and Roger Federer Tennis on the Wii!
15. What boots do you use?
Predators in the summer and World Cups in the winter - serious skates!
16. What is your favourite TV programme and film?
17. What is your favourite band/most played song on your iPod?
Bloc Party, Banquet or any of the Killers songs
18. What sporting event would you most like to see?
Alpe De Heuz stage of the Tour De France. The one with the 21 Hairpin Bends!
19. Ideal Date?
It would have to be my girlfriend Sara, and if she was unavailable probably Lauren Conrad off 'The Hills'!
20. What four people would you invite to a dinner party?
Hughie Emerson, Evander Holyfield, David Attenborough and sure "poor auld Micko Dwyer" would be great for the banter!