20 Questions with Ger Reddin
Ger Reddin is the subject of this week's 20 Questions ahead of this weekend's Leinster U-21 FC final against Dublin.
Although from Castletown he plays football with Mountmellick and has been in top form for Laois this year with both the U-21s and seniors at centre-back. Also a talented hurler, he hurls with Castletown and has a Laois SHC medal with them from 2005 as well as a number of underage medals. He also holds a Leinster minor football medal with Laois from 2005.
He holds a degree in commerce from NUI Galway but is currently re-sitting Irish in the Leaving Cert with the hope of qualifying for a Post-grad in Primary School teaching.
1. What do you look forward to going to training with Laois every night?
The craic with the lads and the food afterwards!
2. Do you have a pre-game routine?
Not really, just try get to bed early and eat some of my mam's pasta
3. What would you most like to see changed in Gaelic football?
A mark introduced for a clean catch (from the kickout only)
4. If there was a transfer system in football what two players would you buy for Laois?
Sean Cavanagh and Tomas O'Se
5. Are you a GPA member and would you like to see the game go professional or semi-professional?
I just joined the other day but no I'd rather it stayed amateur
6. What's the worst thing that ever happened you on a football field?
Losing any big matches
7. What's the most annoying aspect of training?
The drive to it
8. Have you ever been sent off and if so what for?
9. What young player in your own club would you say is 'one to watch'?
Brendan and Martin, my brothers in Castletown, and Sean George in Mountmellick
10. What type of player do you least like marking?
Small quick players that move a lot off the ball and go deep to get it
11. What do you think of most when you remember your primary school/juvenile hurling days?
12. When was the last time you were at a ladies football match?
Laois V Armagh in the league this year
13. What boots do you use and how much did they cost?
Addidas World Cups. €120
14. It's the last minute of a big match and you're a point down, who would you most like to see with the ball 30 yards out?
15. What other sports do you play?
I try to hurl
16. Favourite TV programme or film?
17. What CD is in your car?
The new "Girltalk" album
18. What sports event would you most like to attend?
Love to see Man United beat Liverpool in the Champions League in Rome this summer!
19. Ideal date?
20. What four people would you invite to a dinner party?
Bernard Rochford, Lee Evans, Paul O'Connell and Megan Fox
Search for a job
Weather for Portlaoise
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: North west