DCSIMG

Picnic rumours scotched

The organisers of the Electric Picnic have confirmed that there will be going ahead this year, amid rumours that the festival will not be taking place in Stradbally for its tenth birthday.

The festival’s Facebook page has been inundated with requests from music fans asking whether the festival was going ahead this year, as well as querying the lack of early bird tickets. These discounted tickets, which are normally released in November for the following year’s festival are not yet on sale, leading to much speculation about the festival.

Electric Picnic have answered most of the queries, and have been redirecting people to the festival’s website, which only has the information “early bird tickets and line up details coming soon”.

They have told people on Facebook that the festival is definitely taking place, and said that the dates for next summer have been confirmed as August 30, August 31 and September 1.

“We never announce any of the acts until late March, which is the same as every year. So its not leaving it late. We are a little behind with early birds but that does not mean that the festival is not taking place. Rumours are just that, rumours.”

Speaking to the Leinster Express, a representative from the festival’s PR agency, LH Publicity said not to believe the rumours. “The Picnic is going ahead. We are aiming to have the launch at Easter and will know details just before it”.

However the festival is continuing to get criticised by angry fans on Facebook who say organisers have been giving the same answer since the start of December last year.

But fans will have to stay patient until the end of March and hope that the news is good, and that the line up will equal what everyone has come to expect from EP, especially as they are celebrating their 10th birthday this year.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page