Lorraine Danaher has commenced the role of Regional Skills Manager for the Midlands.
The new Network of Regional Skills Fora being created as part of the Government’s National Skills Strategy provides an opportunity for employers and the education and training system to work together to meet the emerging skills needs of their regions.
More structured engagement on the skills agenda and the work of the Fora will contribute to better outcomes for learners and support enterprise development.
What Is The Midlands Regional Skills Forum?
First and foremost it is a contact point for employers to link with education and training providers. It is a collaboration of business with education and training.
The Midlands Regional Skills Forum is comprised of the following Education and Training providers in Westmeath, Longford, Laois and Offaly.
Athlone Institute of Technology: www.ait.ie
Laois and Offaly Education and Training Board: www.loetb.ie
Longford and Westmeath Education and Training Board: www.lwetb.ie
First Polymer Skillnet: www.firstpolymer.com
Working directly with business in the Midlands and hand in hand with state agencies such as IDA Ireland, Enterprise Ireland, Department of Social Protection, Local Enterprise Offices, Chamber Ireland, Ibec and the Construction Industry Federation.
How the Midlands Regional Skills Forum Will Support Employers
The Midlands Regional Skills Forum can support development of future employees, current employees and business growth through development of training programmes to meet your business needs.
Funding, research, work placement, use of facilities and equipment, work place projects, entrepreneurship, and many more services are available.
Employers: - Do you have a skill shortage?
- Is there a project you are putting on the long finger that needs doing?
- Are you limited with time and resources?
- Do you need more resources yet cannot give time to recruitment?
- Do you need support in marketing and growing your business?
- Are you familiar with all the Education and Training available in the region?
- Have you engaged with Education and Training providers in the Midlands to know how they can support you?
- Are you interested in upskilling your team yet do not know how to start the process with the training institutions.
Ccontact: Lorraine Danaher Regional Skills Manager Midlands
Tel: 09064 71897
Mobile: 086 1749290