People First Credit Union can help you finance your dream kitchen and other home improvement projects.
Now that the long evenings are here it’s time to get energetic and get stuck into those odd jobs that need doing or that extension you’ve been putting off.
Whether you intend to revamp the garden, build a new extension, convert your attic, get a new kitchen, fix that leaky roof or upgrade your Ensuite; be sure to consider all the benefits of covering the costs with a Home Improvement Loan from People First Credit Union.
- It’s a flexible, low cost way of covering the cost of your DIY jobs or building projects no matter how big or small.
- It’s a straight forward loan with regular repayments over an agreed term.
- No administration fees or hidden charges.
- You can pay off your loan early, without penalty.
- Extra Cash every now and then? No problem, pay off additional lump sum repayments without penalty.
- Interest is charged on your reducing loan balance so you only every pay based on what you actually owe.
- Loans are insured by the Credit Union’s Loan Protection Insurance at no extra cost (T&C apply). This gives the comfort of - knowing that your family will not be left with the burden of loan repayments in the event of your death.
- You might also be interested in the government’s HRI scheme, which ends this year.
- Extensions are the most popular project under the scheme, accounting for 34% of all work carried out. A quarter of all works fall under the heading of general repair and renovation, with replacement windows and new kitchens each accounting for 10% of applications.
More than 107,000 homeowners in Ireland have upgraded their property under the Home Renovation Incentive (HRI), spending an average of €16,187.
Loans over €10,000 qualify for our lower 8.2% (8.5% APR) rate. The HRI provides homeowners with an income tax credit of 13.5% on qualifying expenditure of home improvements works carried out on a home.
Check how much a Home Improvement loan will cost you by visiting our loan calculator https://www.peoplefirstcu.ie/calculator.asp
“I chose the Credit Union because they are local, friendly, we know the people, I work there (in the same community), I live with them, they make it easy to go down & get everything done. Convenience of going in on a Saturday & lower interest rates.
One of the good things about the Credit Union was being able to pay the loan off early and no penalties, top up your loans as you go. All done and approved within an hour; which was very straight forward and easy for us. We love our new kitchen, thanks to the Credit Union.”
Enda & Mai Butler got their Home Improvement loan in 2018.
Want to know more?
Pop into us in any of our offices in Portlaoise, Abbeyleix, or Athy or speak to one of our financial advisors on 057 8622594
Check them out online tap here