ICM Computer Systems Ltd is looking for an experienced Control Engineer (PLC/Scada) to join our team based in Portlaoise, Ireland. ICM CSL is one of Ireland’s premier companies supplying IT solutions and automation systems to markets in Ireland & the UK.
- Develop, test and install PLC and control software for highly automated, 24/7 production environments,
- Develop high quality SCADA / HMI code to meet customer requirements,
- Work within a cross functional multidiscipline team environment,
- Participate within project teams, provide technical support & make informed decisions on hardware & architecture selection,
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of code,
- Prioritise multiple tasks while working to tight schedules,
- Participate among cross-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to required quality standards,
- Develop, debug and validate Control System software programs,
- Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify automation software,
- Implement system upgrades or modifications that have the potential to significantly impact the customer’s process,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Ability to organize, plan and execute tasks to tight schedules,
- Highly motivated self-starter,
- Ability to document own work clearly and precisely,
- Strong communication skills,
- Managing relationships with customers / consultants / sub-contractors,
- Understand customer needs & able to resolve issues through technical knowledge, knowledge of the customer’s site & contacts,
Skills and Education:
- Third level qualification in Electrical, Software, Production Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent,
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with automated control systems,
- Strong PLC background desirable in Mitsubishi or Siemens S7, PLCs and SCADA / HMI software,
- Additional knowledge of printer systems, and RFID systems would be beneficial,
- Knowledge of SQL will be an advantage.
The package for the above position will be competitive and be commensurate with experience.
CV’s to email@example.com
ICM Computer Systems Ltd.
Phone: 00 353 (0) 57 8622651