Noel Kelly and his mammy Lauren Pidgeon.
Little Noel Kelly and his mammy Lauren Pidgeon from Offaly have shared a heartwarming video giving their ideas to keep children busy while staying home safe during the Covid-19 crisis.
Lauren is a drama teacher normally giving classes in Portarlington and Mountmellick in Laois. Noelie is an endearing little star himself, watch them having lovely fun.
"I have no work at the moment and my little boy has no school. It’s super easy to get caught up in the never ending, sensationalised media on our newsfeeds letting the worry and boredom kick in...BUT fear not, myself and Noelie have been busy coming up with lots of ideas for everyone!! " Lauren said.
"We hope you enjoy our little video and we can’t wait to see you all again," she adds.
Lauren has also gone to the trouble of compiling a list of no less that 67 great suggestions to stay busy!
Read them here and send us your videos showing your fun home activities!
Some more ideas
2. Fashion show
3 Cake making
7. Sing song
8. Dress up
10. Make a fort
11. Go for a walk
12. Rock paper scissors
13. Make over on mammy
14. Face mask
15. Cup of tea
17. Picking flowers
18. Making bracelets
19. Clean up
20. Dancing - have a disco
21. Make shadow shapes
23. Paper airplanes
24. Indoor picnic
25. Lego building contest
26. Look at old pictures
27. Indoor obstacle course
29. Sock puppets
30. Play dough
31. Play shop
32. Science experiments
33. Take silly pictures
34. FaceTime family
35. Make up a secret language
36. Learn the alphabet in sign language
37. Have a birthday party for your favourite toy
38. Indoor water fun
39. Play hide and seek
40. Finger paint
41. The “Yes OR no” game
42. Improve your Irish
43. Yoga for kids videos on YouTube
44. Sensory games
45. Make a scrap book
46. Bake off
47. Dance off
49. Treasure hunt
50. Graffiti the footpath with chalk
52. Make a mud kitchen in the garden
53. Toast marshmallows
54. Make pom poms out of wool
55. Keep a balloon in the air as long as you can
56. The floor is LAVA!
57. Listen to a kid’s podcast or audiobook
58. Cut and create new clothes for your toys from your old clothes
59. Have a wardrobe clear out
60. Make a time capsule of this time
61. Interview family members!
62. Write a script
63. Can you draw/ paint with your feet?
64. Can you skip 100 skips without stopping?
65. Press flowers with some heavy books
66. Play cinema, make tickets, turn lights off, make popcorn!
67. Outdoor races! Egg and spoon, three legged!
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.