Extra funding for Laois Offaly and Kildare under Covid-19 restrictions
Extra funding has been announced this Friday August 14 for Laois, Offaly and Kildare to counteract the economic effects of the two week Covid-19 restrictions they are under.
The funding includes €1 million to Fáilte Ireland to promote the counties for tourism in the future.
A boosted version of the Restart grant, called Restart Grant Plus Scheme is available to businesses forced to close due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- A top up of 20% on the Restart Grant Plus Scheme to €5,000.
- €7.5m in funding will be ringfenced for the three counties from the Sustaining Enterprise Fund (through Enterprise Ireland & LEOs, a combination of repayable and non repayable funding).
- €1m for the Local Enterprise Offices, in conjunction with local Chambers of Commerce, to support micro enterprises.
- €1m for Fáilte Ireland to undertake a promotional campaign in the three counties
- A dedicated helpline for businesses to assist them in accessing various supports.
The Restart Grant Plus Scheme grant is available through Laois County Council.
"The Government has announced the introduction of the Restart Grant Plus Scheme which allows small and medium sized businesses to apply for a grant between €4,000 and €25,000 to help them get them re-open and get people back to work.
"Businesses that received Restart Grant funding do not need to apply for the Restart Grant Plus Scheme. They will be contacted by email in the coming days by our Restart Grant Team and asked to complete a Restart Grant Plus Declaration form," the council says.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.