Search

15 Aug 2022

Two year ban for drink driving

Two year ban for drink driving

A 31-year-old man has been put off the road for two years for drink driving.

At last week's sitting of the district court in Portlaoise, Patryk Malyszko (31), Laurel Drive, Esker Hills, Portlaoise, was charged with drink driving at the Ridge Road, Portlaoise, on December 23, 2017.

Sgt JJ Kirby gave evidence the accused was detected driving with 63mg of alcohol per 100ml of breath.

He had no previous convictions.

Defence, Mr Declan Breen said his client had been at a party the night before and had two drinks with dinner, before he took the car.

Mr Breen said his client, who is originally from Poland, worked in Newbridge and had to travel.

The accused was convicted and fined €300 and disqualified from driving for two years.

To continue reading this article for FREE,
please kindly register and/or log in.


Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.