Motorhomes more popular during restrictions
With more people enjoying caravan and campervan 'staycations' this year, gardaí have issued advice to holidaymakers to make them extra vigilant with their security. MORE BELOE PICTURE.
* Ensure a good quality hitch lock and wheel clamps are in place and that the caravan is locked to a secure point.
* Get an alarm fitted if one is not already in place.
* Keep valuables out of sight and remove when not in use.
* Ensure windows and doors are locked if leaving unattended overnight
* Use a cover when not in use. This may deter thieves as pulling off a cover can be noisy and add to the time taken to steal the caravan.
* Keep good records of all serial numbers, unique markings, image of the caravan/campervan etc. Keep documents secure.
* Consider voluntarily registering your caravan with the Central Registration and Identification Scheme.
For further crime prevention advice on this, and on other topics, please see https://www.garda.ie/en/Crime-Prevention/
A judge has tonight ordered the arrest of a banned motorist who phoned an ambulance for himself in the middle of a court hearing which subsequently found him guilty of a string of road traffic offences.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.