Treat your loved one this Valentine’s Day with some mouth-watering treats from Siúcra x Catherine Fulvio.
Whether you are whipping up a scrumptious dessert or surprising them with brunch in bed, Siúcra has got your Valentine’s covered!
Siúcra x Catherine Fulvio’s Raspberry Pancake Stack with Rose Cream is sure to get those taste buds tingling.
Treat yourself to a bit of indulgence and surprise someone special in your life with your incredible baking skills!
Makes 15 medium American style pancakes depending on the size
For the filling
120ml crème fraiche
70g Siúcra Icing Sugar
2 to 3 drops rosewater
For the pancakes
220g plain flour
2 tbsp ground almonds
1½ tsp baking powder
Pinch of nutmeg
4 tbsp Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar
¼ tsp almond extract
Oil or melted butter, for frying pan
120ml melted dark chocolate, to serve
Rose petals, to decorate
Raspberries, to decorate
Siúcra Icing Sugar, for dusting
To prepare the filling:
1. Spoon the crème fraiche, cream and Siúcra Icing Sugar into a bowl and whisk well until thick.
2. Add drops of rosewater to taste.
To make the pancakes:
1. Combine the flour, ground almonds, baking powder, nutmeg and Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar in a large bowl.
2. Mix the eggs, milk and almond extract together in a jug and make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, pour in and whisk well to form a thick batter. Add in the raspberries and mix.
To cook the pancakes:
Heat oil and butter over a medium heat in a large frying pan, once hot, place spoonful’s of batter into the pan, cook for about 1 to 2 minutes depending on the size, when bubbles rise to surface turn the pancakes over using a small palette knife and cook for a further minute or until golden and cooked through. Keep warm.
For the filling:
Whisk together all ingredients until a thick cream forms.
1. Sandwich 3 pancakes together with the filling, place on a cake stand.
2. Sprinkle a few rose petals in between, add the raspberries and dust with Siúcra Icing Sugar.
3. Pour / spoon some melted chocolate over each stack of pancakes and top with rose petals.
4. Serve immediately.