Cha Dwyer will be lining out at centre-forward.
Laois manager Eamonn Kelly has named his starting team for Saturday's Joe McDonagh Cup opener against Westmeath in O'Moore Park.
There is a championship debut for James Ryan at wing-forward, while Aidan Corby is a surprise inclusion at midfield. Captain Ross King is named at corner-forward, while there is no room in the starting team for the returning Stephen 'Picky' Maher.
Borris-Kilcotton's PJ Scully also misses out after making his comeback during the league.
Throw in on Saturday is at 3pm, and the team in full is as follows.
1. Enda Rowland (Abbeyleix)
2. Joe Phelan (Camross)
3. Leigh Bergin (Shanahoe)
4. Lee Cleere (Clough-Ballacolla)
5. Padraig Lawlor (Ballinakill)
6. Matthew Whelan (Borris-Kilcotton)
7. Eric Killeen (Rathdowney-Errill)
8. Aidan Corby (Clough-Ballacolla)
9. Paddy Purcell (Rathdowney-Errill)
10. Ben Conroy (Slieve Bloom)
11. Cha Dwyer (Ballinakill)
12. James Ryan (Rathdowney-Errill)
13. Ross King (Rathdowney-Errill)
14. Neil Foyle (Borris-Kilcotton)
15. Willie Dunphy (Clough-Ballacolla)
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.