Sean Fleming has been nominated ast Chair of the Public Accounts Committee.
The Castletown TD was among a number of Fianna Fail TDs nominated late Monday evening by Fianna Fáil Leader, Micheál Martin.
During the last Dail, Deputy Fleming had served as Fianna Fail spokesperson for Public Expenditure and Reform.
Announcing his nominees Micheal Martin said, “In the new Dáil, there are some uncertainties, but one element of how things will work is absolutely clear.
“The Oireachtas Committees are going to be central in the process of holding Government to account, developing policy and passing legislation to an extent that we have not seen before.
“Strong and fair leadership in these roles will be required for real progress to be made during this Dáil term.
“I am confident that the Fianna Fáil team I am announcing are more than equal to that task and I look forward to them discharging their responsibilities in a determined and even handed way.”
The Fianna Fáil Nominees to the Chair of Oireachtas Committees are as follows:
· Sean Fleming TD – Chair of the Public Accounts Committee
· John McGuinness TD – Chair of the Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach Committee
· Fiona O’Loughlin TD – Chair of the Education and Skills Committee
· John Curran TD – Chair of the Social Protection Committee
· Brendan Smith TD – Chair of the Foreign Affairs, Trade and Defence Committee
· Mary Butler TD – Chair of the Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation Committee
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.