Molly O'Connor after winning the All-Ireland with Laois.
It's fair to say Molly O'Connor had a memorable 2017. Twice an All-Ireland champion, in Handball and Camogie, the talented young girl from Cullohill has also Player of the Game in the U-16 All-Ireland Camogie final. She'll have a job on her hands topping it in 2018, but with her talent, anything is possible.
What was your personal highlight of 2017?
- My personal highlight of 2017 was getting player of the match in the All Ireland Camogie Under 16 Final.
Did you achieve all you wanted to achieve in 2017?
- I achieved a lot more than I anticipated, being successful in both handball and camogie.
What was your biggest disappointment/regret of 2017?
- My biggest disappointment of 2017 was losing the Munster Schools A final by a point, and not winning the U-16 club championship, as my dad promised a house party if we won.
Who was the toughest opponent you faced in 2017?
- I had two very tough opponents this year Sarah Ann Fitzgerald (Camross) and Clodagh Tynan (St Brigids).
What was the best sporting event you attended in 2017?
- The best sporting event I attended in 2017 was the All-Ireland Hurling Qualifier between Kilkenny and Waterford, it was such a exciting game and went to extra time.
What sporting event do you wish you could have attended in 2017?
- I wish I could have attended Conor McGregor boxing match against Floyd Mayweather because I'm a big fan of his.
Who played the biggest role in helping you to be successful in 2017?
- Ray Fogarty my handball coach, because he gave up endless hours to come and train me.
Non-Sporting highlight of the year?
My non sporting highlight of the year was going to Disneyland Paris. I had great fun with my friends going on all the amusements.
What are your goals/ambitions for 2018?
- My goal for 2018 is to continue enjoying the sports I love.
What is you biggest fear for 2018?
- My biggest fear of 2018 would be getting seriously injured.
Aside from you/your team, who would you like to see be successful in 2018?
- I'd love to see my brother Jim's team be successful, as they were beaten in the county final last year.
What sporting event would you most like to attend in 2018?
- I'd love to see the World Cup final, with Brazil in it preferably, as my all time favourite player is Neymar.
Who would you say is 'One to Watch' in 2018?
- Amy Collier from Camross is one to watch for 2018. She is a brilliant camogie player with her never give up attitude. Let's hope her game drops when she plays against The Harps though!
All-Ireland Football and Hurling
- Dublin for football and Waterfor for hurling.
Laois Senior Football and Hurling?
- Portlaoise and Clough-Ballacolla.
Laois Ladies Football and Camogie
- Sarsfields and The Harps (fingers crossed!)
6 Nations and European Champions Cup
- Ireland and Leinster.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.