This Italian-inspired Roasted Rosemary Lemon Olive Chicken dish created by Siúcra and Catherine Fulvio couldn't be easier to recreate at home. Bursting with flavour, this is the perfect meal to serve your guests over the Easter break.
Sophisticated enough for a weekend feast, but simple enough for a weeknight, this dish is sure to leave your guests wanting more!
1.4kg corn-fed free-range chicken, portioned
3 red onions, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
2 tsp chopped oregano
¾ tsp smoked paprika
1 lemon, juice and zest
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp Siucra light golden sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
7 small sprigs of rosemary
100ml chicken stock
For the seasoning
1 lemon, thinly sliced
3 tbsp black olives
Couscous, rocket and lemon dressing, to serve
A few sprigs of rosemary, to garnish
To prepare and cook the Chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
2. Arrange the chicken portions and onion wedges in a gratin dish.
3. Whisk together the oregano, paprika, lemon juice and zest, olive oil and sugar.
4. Pour this over the chicken and onion wedges. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Sprinkle over the sprigs of rosemary.
6. Pour in the chicken stock and place lemon slices randomly on top.
7. Roast in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes before adding the olives, baste the chicken from time to time.
8. Check the seasoning, adding salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
9. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
10. Garnish with a few fresh sprigs of rosemary. Serve with warm rocket couscous with a lemon thyme dressing.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.