A 19-year-old Portlaoise man is being sent forward for trial charged with assault causing serious harm.
Paul Greene, 16 Cois na hAbhann, is charged with the offence at the Mountrath Road, Portlaoise, on July 28, 2013. He also faces a charge of criminal damage.
Sgt Mark Doran gave evidence at last week’s sitting of the Portlaoise District Court that he arrested, cautioned and charged Greene on the morning of the court. Sgt Doran said that after each charge the defendant replied: “No comment”.
Sgt Doran told Judge Catherine Staines that the DPP directed the matter be tried on indictment.
The matter has gone back to April 16 for the serving of a book of evidence.
There was no garda objection to bail.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.