O'Hanlon's Spar Portarlington where a jackpot ticket was sold in July 2016.
A winning EuroMillions ticket was sold in Laois and it's possible the latest jackpot bought in Ireland winner of Friday night’s mega EuroMillions €38.9 million to prize could have been sold in the midland county.
In July 2016, 22 colleagues from Dublin Bus won €23.8 million. The ticket was sold in O’Hanlon’s in Portarlington.
This is the third EuroMillions jackpot won in Ireland this year and the 12th since EuroMillions began in 2004.
A National Lottery spokesperson has appealed to players to check their numbers to see if they are the holder of the golden ticket worth a cool €38,906,715.
The winning numbers are: 04,08,22,23,48 LUCKY STARS: 01,12
The spokesperson said: “This is fantastic news! What a great way for a player to end the year and start the new. This has been an amazing year for our EuroMillions players with three Jackpot wins and 31 EuroMillion Plus wins of €500,000 each.
“We are urging all our players to check their tickets to see if they are the lucky winner or winners. At this stage, we don’t know if it’s a single winner or a syndicate.
“We advise anybody who has this ticket to keep it safe until they can get into the National Lottery office next week to make their claim. This is a valuable piece of paper. We are open after the New Year's break on Tuesday,” said the spokesperson.
There is also time left for a lucky National Lottery player to win a guaranteed one million euro in the Christmas Millionaire Raffle draw which takes place on New Year's Eve. As well as the top prize of €1 million there are 5,055 other great prizes ranging from €250,000 to €500. Tickets are on sale in-store or at lottery.ie
This is the third EuroMillions Jackpot win in Ireland this year.
In January a Dublin work syndicate claimed a €88.5 million EuroMillions jackpot. The winning ticket was sold at the Applegreen Service Station on the M1 Northbound in Lusk, Co Dublin.
And in July a lucky West of Ireland syndicate scooped almost €29 million on a ticket sold in the Garryduff XL Store, Castlebar, co. Mayo.
Here is the roll call of the lucky 12 Irish Euromillions winners to date:
1. July 2005: Dolores McNamara from Limerick was Ireland’s first and biggest EuroMillions winner scooping over €115 million.
2. July 2008: A lucky ticket bought in Carrick-on-Suir in Co Tipperary won a player €15 million.
3. June 2009: A family syndicate shared the jackpot with a British winner, taking home over €29.4 million.
4. June 2013: A winning ticket sold in Beaumont, Dublin, shared a jackpot worth over €93 million.
5. September 2013: A young man from the southeast shared a jackpot of over €25 million with a player in Spain, taking home over €12.8 million.
6. April 2014: A jackpot prize worth €15 million was claimed on a ticket sold in Castlebar, Co Mayo.
7. September 2014: An €86.7 million jackpot was won by a syndicate from Dublin. The ticket was sold in Centra, Ballybrack, Co Dublin.
8. January 2016: A syndicate of friends won over €66 million, splitting the jackpot of €132,376,632. The ticket was sold in Eason’s store, Fairgreen Shopping Centre, Carlow.
9. July 2016: 22 colleagues from Dublin Bus won €23.8 million. The ticket was sold in O’Hanlon’s in Portarlington.
10. January 2017: A Dublin work syndicate claimed the €88.5 million EuroMillions jackpot. The winning ticket was sold at the Applegreen Service Station on the M1 Northbound in Lusk, Co Dublin.
11. July 2017: A lucky West of Ireland syndicate scooped almost €29 million
12. December 29th: A 38.9 m EuroMillions Jackpot ticket sold in Ireland!
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.