Latest update on Covid-19 deaths and confirmed cases in Ireland
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has given its Tuesday update on Covid-19 confirmed cases and deaths in Ireland.
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that eight people with Covid-19 have died. There have now been a total 1,658 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Monday, June 1 the HPSC has been notified of 10 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 25,066 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
Today’s data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Friday 29 May (24,924 cases), reveals:
· 57% are female and 43% are male
· The median age of confirmed cases is 48 years
· 3,283 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
· Of those hospitalised, 408 cases have been admitted to ICU
· 7,963 cases are associated with healthcare workers
· Dublin has the highest number of cases at 12,042 (48% of all cases) followed by Cork with 1,477 cases (6%) and then Kildare with 1,416 cases (6%)
· Of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 39%, close contact accounts for 58%, travel abroad accounts for 2%
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.