Lee Cleere, in action here for Clough-Ballacolla, will make his first start for Laois seniors on Sunday.
Clough-Ballacolla's Lee Cleere will make his first start for the Laois senior hurlers this Sunday, as they take on Wexford in Wexford Park.
Laois will need at least a draw to have any hope of avoiding a relegation playoff, and even that might not be enough, depending on other results. Cleere, who was captain of the Laois minor team last year, comes in at corner-back, with Cahir Healy moving out to the wing.
Paddy Whelan is the man to make way for Cleere, with the team re-shuffled as a result. Captain Ross King has been selected at midfield, alongside club-mate Paddy Purcell, while Ben Conroy and Cian Taylor are named as wing-forwards, either side of Cha Dwyer.
Aaron Dunphy, who impressed in his debut against Limerick, is at corner-forward, with Willie Dunphy in the other corner, and Neil Foyle leading the line.
The Laois team in full is as follows;
1. Eoin Fleming (Borris-in-Ossory-Kilcotton)
2. Lee Cleere (Clough Ballacolla)
3. Leigh Bergin (Shanahoe)
4. Dwane Palmer (Camross)
5. Cahir Healy (Portlaoise)
6. Ryan Mullaney (Castletown)
7. Sean Downey (Ballinakill)
8. Ross King (Rathdowney Errill)
9. Patrick Purcell (Rathdowney Errill)
10. Cian Taylor (Portlaoise)
11. Charles Dwyer (Ballinakill)
12. Ben Conroy (Slieve Bloom)
13. Willie Dunphy (Clough Ballacolla)
14. Neil Foyle (Borris-in-Ossory-Kilcotton)
15. Aaron Dunphy (Borris-in-Ossory-Kilcotton)
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.