Christmas snacks - mini prawn skewers with lemon chilli dip
With the festive entertainment season in full swing, keep your guests happy with these Mini Prawn Skewers with Lemon Chilli Dip by Siúcra & Catherine Fulvio. These delightful prawn and chilli mini skewers are absolutely perfect as a canape to serve to guests over the festive season and taste even better when served with a lemon chilli dip!
Makes 12 mini skewers
24 raw prawns, deveined
2 lemons, halved and sliced thinly
For the spicy dip
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
1 red chilli, finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely sliced
3 tbsp. Siúcra Caster Sugar
1 lemon, juice and zest
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Lemon wedges, to serve
Soak wooden skewers in water to prevent them burning.
1. To prepare the dip, heat the butter and oil in a saucepan and add the red chilli, spring onion and sugar.
2. Sauté for about 3 minutes before adding the lemon juice and water and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper. Leave to cool.
4. To cook the prawn skewers, thread prawns and lemon slices onto the skewers.
5. Brush the skewers with oil.
6. Preheat a chargrill pan and grill until cooked on each side.
7. Arrange on a platter, drizzle a little of the dipping sauce over.
8. Serve with lemon wedges and the remaining dipping sauce (kept warm) in a bowl on the side.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.