Mini Hot Chocolate Treats by Catherine Fulvio
With the cold weather here to stay, it is the perfect time to indulge in a decadent cup of our Mini Hot Chocolate Treats by Siúcra & Catherine Fulvio.
This wintertime staple is quick and easy to recreate at home, and is sure to be a winner and put a smile on the faces of your friends and family!
Makes 400ml (4 mini bottles)
For the candy cane biscuits
200g plain flour
100g Siúcra Light Golden Sugar
80g chilled butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 to 3 tbsp water
Royal icing, for decorating (optional)
For the hot chocolate
2 tbsp. Siúcra Rich Brown Sugar
80g chocolate drops
2 tbsp. Siúcra Icing sugar
A small snowman cutter
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a baking tray with parchment.
2. To prepare the biscuits, place the flour and sugar into a bowl, rub in the chilled butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the vanilla extract and enough water to form a stiff dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
3. Roll out on a floured surface and using a small snowman cutter, shape the biscuits and transfer to the pre-lined tray.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes depending on the size.
5. Leave on the tray to cool before transferring to a cooling rack before decorating.
6. If you want to decorate the snowmen, make the royal icing according to the instructions on the packaging. Spoon into a piping bag with a thin nozzle and decorate the snowmen. Leave to dry and store in a sealed container.
7. To make the hot chocolate, add the milk and add sugar and chocolate drops to a saucepan and warm up over a medium heat, stirring most of the time until both the sugar and chocolate are melted.
8. Pour the hot chocolate into a jug and pour into the bottles or glasses.
9. Whisk the cream until firm peaks add the icing sugar. Spoon into a piping bag without a nozzle and pipe on top of the hot chocolate or spoon the cream over the top. Insert a straw and dust with Siúcra icing sugar and add a snowman on top.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.