Mini Hot Chocolate Treats by Catherine Fulvio
With the cold weather here to stay, it is the perfect time to indulge in a decadent cup of our Mini Hot Chocolate Treats by Siúcra & Catherine Fulvio.
This wintertime staple is quick and easy to recreate at home, and is sure to be a winner and put a smile on the faces of your friends and family!
Makes 400ml (4 mini bottles)
For the candy cane biscuits
200g plain flour
100g Siúcra Light Golden Sugar
80g chilled butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 to 3 tbsp water
Royal icing, for decorating (optional)
For the hot chocolate
2 tbsp. Siúcra Rich Brown Sugar
80g chocolate drops
2 tbsp. Siúcra Icing sugar
A small snowman cutter
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a baking tray with parchment.
2. To prepare the biscuits, place the flour and sugar into a bowl, rub in the chilled butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the vanilla extract and enough water to form a stiff dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
3. Roll out on a floured surface and using a small snowman cutter, shape the biscuits and transfer to the pre-lined tray.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes depending on the size.
5. Leave on the tray to cool before transferring to a cooling rack before decorating.
6. If you want to decorate the snowmen, make the royal icing according to the instructions on the packaging. Spoon into a piping bag with a thin nozzle and decorate the snowmen. Leave to dry and store in a sealed container.
7. To make the hot chocolate, add the milk and add sugar and chocolate drops to a saucepan and warm up over a medium heat, stirring most of the time until both the sugar and chocolate are melted.
8. Pour the hot chocolate into a jug and pour into the bottles or glasses.
9. Whisk the cream until firm peaks add the icing sugar. Spoon into a piping bag without a nozzle and pipe on top of the hot chocolate or spoon the cream over the top. Insert a straw and dust with Siúcra icing sugar and add a snowman on top.