25 things Irish people will say during hot weather
It's fair to say the soaring temperatures are a shock to our poor Irish systems.
Here is a list of phrases you'll hear from Laois people across the country during the warm spell...
- There's great drying out
- God I tell ya, I'm sweating like a bullock
- I'm not able for this heat at all
- We may get the turf turned before it breaks
- It's cruel warm.
- Will we tip up to the Catholes?
- I can't sleep in this weather - I'm glued to the mattress
- A woman fainted in mass with the heat.
- A drop of rain would do no harm.
- I'm sweatin like a pig.
- Great day for the bog if it wasn't so hot
- Is Ballinakill pool open?
- Is there much of a crowd in Derryounce?
- They're giving it fine for the week.
- I hear it's to break at the weekend.
- Go down to the shop there and get a block of ice cream. And don't forget the feckin wafers this time
- Can you still swim in Castletown?
- Jayzus you're after getting scalded
- I don't need suncream, I'm naturally sallow
- Tea is the only thing for this heat
- Heard it's fierce hot on The Heath.
- I always burn first, then I go brown
- Jaze you're after getting a great colour - were you on the bog?
- You can't please some people, sure you'd be giving out if it was raining.
- It's meltin'.
- Who want's a 99?
- Sure why would you want to go on holiday when the sun's shining here?
- Ah here who forgot to fill up the ice cube trays?
- I think he has a touch of sunstroke, give him a drop of 7 Up, he'll be grand in a minute.
- We could do with a bit of a breeze.
- It's nearly too hot
- Put on a hat!
- That's the summer gone now.
- Ta hell with this let's head to the beach!
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.