We love a good roundabout in Laois.
Today is International Happiness Day, but what makes a Laois person happy? We have our own theories...
- Getting the turf in.
- Meeting new people, finding out who they are related to, and whether they are distantly related to you.
- Red Lemonade.
- Giving out.
- The Ploughing Championships.
- Pints of porter.
- Seeing Offaly get beat.
- Seeing Kildare get beat.
- Finding out Mulhall's have a sale on sirloin steaks.
- Telling people not from Laois that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West once went to the cinema in Portlaoise.
- Stopping in the Poitin Stil for your breakfast, and dinner, on trips to Dublin.
- Reminiscing about the Blue Bridge.
- Waking up in the morning and realising there is an Eddie Rockets in the county.
- Telling people how quick you can get tp places thanks to the motorway (e.g. Jazus I was up in Dublin airport in an hour; Sure you'd be in Cork there in two hours; Limerick is no length away).
- Realising it could be worse, and you could be from Carlow.
- Telling people your from the county where the Electric Picnic takes place.
- Telling people Stradbally also holds the Steam Rally.
- Standing around looking at vintage tractors.
- A GAA club dinner dance.
- A giant 99 cone from Dunne's Garage on the Abbeyleix Road in Portlaoise.
- Finding out how your neighbours children got on in the Leaving Cert.
- A threshing.
What makes you happy? Let us know on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.